Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Respect

I went to bed contemplating respect last night.
I realized yesterday that in my hippy-loving ways, I can love and respect differing
opinions
words
thoughts
but
it doesn't matter how much respect I can offer to another,
if they can't respect my own
opinions
words
thoughts,
then where does it lead to but destruction.

So, I went to mat this morning, still thinking about respect.

I realized by listening to my body, I am offering respect.
Yama.
Niyama.
So when I practice gently, offering a solid warm-up to my aging
body, I am not letting myself easy--but giving it what it needs.
Respect.

We preach and preach this to children, but unless a child feels respected--
how will they react, but with non-respect.
I suppose the same is said for adults.
But, what about the adult who didn't feel respected as a child?
Can they ever respect someone else? Truly?

My intention today is to offer respect to all
beings
ideas
loving
amazingly graceful to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment