Saturday, June 30, 2012

Morning Practice

This morning my practice was slow and deliberate.
I had to wake up early for my oldest daughter and though I'm an early riser
most days, this extra early was a thankful hello.

I spent 15 each minutes in pranayama, meditation and chanting--then
beginning the asana portion.  I do this everyday, but not 15 minutes each.
Meditation always wins out anywhere 10-20 minutes most days though...anyhow--
what I found was my hour asana was much more deliberate in positioning and transitioning.
My mind focused quicker, yet my thoughts were slower.

I tend to lean towards a slower vinyasa practice most days, but try to throw in
some speed and curiousity too.  Today, I didn't worry about speed but tried to stay curious
in how I could find simplicity in the pause, the rest, in between.

Looking forward to the simplicity of my day.
Looking for the pauses,
the rest.

Om.

No comments:

Post a Comment