Saturday, December 15, 2012

Sleepy Time Yoga

For about a billion years, I have done a 20 minute yoga practice before bed.
When I don't do this, I feel it in my body-- unfortunately at about 1am.
I wake up with energy laying in my back, wanting to move my legs, my body.  My mind wanders during this time and I have a hard time turning thoughts off.  Needless to say, this is not enjoyable in the middle of the night.  Since I have started working full time a few years ago, I find myself skipping this practice occasional.  Again, not a good idea, because often when it is skipped is when I need it the absolute most...busy days, overflowed with scheduling, that leaves me mentally drained. 

When I do these simple asana's, then my sleep is vastly improved.  I stay in each pose for about 2-5 minutes.  I generally let my mind wander, letting go of the day and observing what is showing up on my nighttime mat.  Things that I need to let go of before bed, so they don't want to chat in the middle of the night. 

Enjoy. Om.

Uttasana










Upavista Konasana













 
Tarasana











Savangasana (with variations)

Chakrasana (with leg variations)
Savasana
 

No comments:

Post a Comment