Monday, April 30, 2012

National Honesty Day



As I was roaming the online world this afternoon,
I came across that today is National Honesty Day.
If you look it up you'll discover that it was created in
1991 by a press secretary that wrote a book.  I am not
going into any political realm or link for this one.

Well...my brain went straight to yoga honesty.

What does it mean to be honest on the mat?
Off the mat?
Is truthfulness, satya, the same as honesty? 

What are we honest about to others, but what are we honest to ourselves about?
Or more, what aren't we honest about?

Am I honest about my fears, desire, hopes or do I trudge through trying to be honest and not allowing the time to listen?

What are my desires?  I know every morning I desire to wake up in a happy mood, but understand that I don't wake up chipper.  I wake up slowly to drink a cup of coffee I desire and then desire to sit on my living room mat.  Delving into breathing, managing to work into childs pose and slowly move through spine work to down dog.  Eventually my happiness begins to bubble and I do my best to choose happiness.  But desires are huge and random.  I desire a clean house.  I desire love.  I desire companionship.  I desire stability.  I desire the time to craft.  I desire time to live calmly with my girls.  I desire to teach more yoga and make yoga my "day" job. I desire clean sheets and happy dreams.

But I'm realistic that my desires are not always reality.  My house is rarely clean and I don't have the time I desire, but so many of my other desires are attainable.  And they are intuitive to my life.  That offers hope.  Creates less fear in my waking life.

I will continue to look into my desires this week, moving to hopes and fears...and be honest where I am today in those thoughts.

Om.

No comments:

Post a Comment