Thursday, April 5, 2012

What was I thinking?

Thursday night is beginners class.  It's been the most pleasant surprise...one month I was ready to throw in the towel and 3 months later, it's thriving.  I don't think it has much to do with me, but timing and love.   I love teaching it, but I love seeing these beginning students 'doing' which is 'being' yoga for an hour.  For some it's a natural flow of who they are, for others--it's physically challenging...which is why I feel guilty.

What was I thinking?  Really...I struggle to keep the class at a beginners level, with some challenge thrown in to help others, but tonight I did this flow that I've done with the intermediate classes this week.  It was a struggle for them--so needless to say it was for the beginners too.

Some where very happy to be challenged, others were looking at me like I had lost my mind...but at the end of class they seemed very happy to have tried something new.  So, I guess it's ok--but next week I will be more realistic.  I don't know if ego got in the way or it was calling me to have them explore space..but I'm feeling kinda guilty.  It's all good...but next week, I'll listen better.

No comments:

Post a Comment