Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Saucha


On my hands and knees, mopping my floors, the word 'saucha' popped into my mind.
Saucha is one of niyamas in yoga philosphy, meaning purity or cleanliness.  Dealing with my household,
I find it the most difficult.  Once upon a time, my girls were young- I was married and worked very part time. 
My household was never perfect, but it was much more tidy.
Then my girls grew alittle and I was no longer married, working two full time jobs.
My household was less than perfect and hardly tidy.

And then yesterday, with my youngest at home sick, I took/take such joy in being able to clean--truly clean.
Not the surface wiping, but getting into the corners and delving into the practice--delving into saucha.
At a certain point, I remind myself--this is not permanent...the cleaning, the messiness--the moment.
Soon there were a housefull of girls rearranging any order I may have illusioned myself into creating.
And then that will disappear too--but I will have the thought and the word to ponder on:
Saucha.

Plus, I have other positive purities within myself--my household that I can see the abundance in and appreciate. It is a constant practice. Much love.
Om.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment