Monday, January 2, 2012

Dispassionate Viaragya

Viaragya or dispassion has been my floating word recently.
I haven't come to my personal meaning fully --yet--
but I have found a setting for it.



Recently I have found that I can apply the word dispassion to replace
people I am having aggravation towards.
We all have folks who, given the right circumstances, we end up just not caring for personally.
Maybe there's the bathroom girl-gossip or out right 'I don't like you' looks, but I truly dislike venting my anger or ickyness with other people...even friends.  I believe thoughts are things that come back to you, one way or another....

When I find I don't like someone or something they do, I visualize myself handing them a flower or a floating heart.  I have felt this work for me many times before, but when it hadn't worked for me recently--I really felt at a loss.

Then--during many moments of aggravation these past few weeks, I remembered the word dispassion.  Every time I thought of someone I didn't care for, I just said the word:
dispassion.
Over and over again.
So...now--I am letting go of this extreme dislike...unattachment.
Dispassion towards people and events I can't control, or even care to.

Om.
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment