Friday, January 20, 2012

Sleepytime or a quiet yoga class for little ones



This morning I am going to one of the local preschools to do yoga
with 3-5 year olds.  This is one of my most favorite classes...maybe
because I started doing yoga with kids before adults...maybe
because of their unbridled joy for play...maybe because my heart
loves it all.

I am doing a sleepytime/quiet yoga theme this morning.
Funny, considering their children on a snowy morning...inside a building,
but it's worth the try:)

Assuming things go as planned, this is my agenda:

1) Introductions...never assume anyone remembers you or your name in general:)
2) Dedicate to someone you love, placing hands over heart.
3) Centering: Imagine a butterly. What color is it? Do you see the sky behind it?
    Watch it flutter flower to flower, till it quietly lands.
4) Warm-Up: Lighthouse, water, boat
5) Sun Salutations
6) Story: Peace and Quiet, A Yiddish Tale
7) Laying down, make legs a candlestick; hug knees into chest
8) Star relaxation

There are about 25 kids and 4 teachers to this lovely class.
Off I go...have an Omazing day!
xoxox



No comments:

Post a Comment