Saturday, January 28, 2012

More than my body

I'm moving a little easier today.
On Wednesday I used a frozen bag of vegi's on my back and it truly made a huge difference.
Plus, I spent time thinking about where I am, why I feel overstretched and what my body means to me.

I've spent most of my life taking advantage of my body.
I suppose most of us do.
I was a child who could do gymnastics and was semi-athletic.
Movement has never been strained for me.
I suppose that's one of the draws to yoga and bellydance for me.
I feel my body and challenge myself, physically and mentally, during both joys.

And if I don't have my physical body, where does that leave me?
As long as I am breathing, it leaves me to do pranayama more.
It leaves me to more meditation.
Mantra.
And it takes me back to my roots of art, jewelry and music.

I feel grateful that I have been given this life to express all the etheral qualities I feel.
I am more than my body, but remembering this on days I feel less, is challenging.

I will think about this more, figuring a way to express this while teaching...
loving what I do.

1 comment: